Give yourself some time each day to unwind and relax so you can reflect and be grateful for what's going well for you. Take this chance to practice mindfulness.
Mindfulness is the practice of purposely focusing your attention on the present moment—and accepting it without judgment.
Mindfulness has been found to be a key element in stress reduction, overall happiness and greater wellbeing. Being mindful makes it easier to appreciate the pleasures in life as they occur, helps you become fully engaged in activities, and creates a greater capacity to deal with adverse events.
By focusing on the here and now, many people who practice mindfulness find that they are:
- Less likely to get caught up in worries about the future
- Less likely to have regrets over the past
- Are less preoccupied with concerns about success and self-esteem
- Are better able to form deep connections with others
- watch this video for a quick exercise you can practice:
Mindfulness is something that you can practice throughout your day at work (see video below).
Here are 5 mindful tips that are explained in the next video:
- Mindful minute
- Mindful breathing
- Mindful listening
- Mindful walking
- Mindful interaction
Article - Click here for some simple tips for you on Take Notice
Article - Click here for the benefits of mindfulness and techniques on how to practise mindfulness