Exercise has been shown to have a positive impact on the brain that helps you deal with stress.
Regular exercise also has the benefit of making you healthier. You don't need to run a marathon, even taking a short walk at lunchtime will have a positive impact on your wellbeing!
Stretch daily to maintain good joint movement and posture:
- Try the Ryman Moves stretches
- Get on the internet and find a simple stretch guide that will work for you
- Try stretching at your desk, or stand up and go for a quick 2 minute walk every hour
Balance, core strength and posture
Work on your balance, core strength and posture:
- Sign up for a Yoga, Pilates or Tai Chi class, or practice at home
- Try standing on one foot, then shut your eyes and see how long you can stay balanced for. Switch feet and try again. Repeat this daily – you’ll be surprised at how quickly you can improve!
Resistance or strength exercise
Do resistance or strength training:
- Sign up to a gym and be guided by a personal trainer
- Research resistance/strength exercises using your own body weight - try doing these at home
- Go for a brisk walk, swim or cycle
- Try including a walk on your lunch break, or have a ‘walking meeting’ - being at work doesn’t mean you can’t get active
Be active – click here for some simple tips
Exercise at home – click here for free access to online fitness sessions