Eating a healthy and balances diet helps to give you physical resilience and can also help with mood.
A diet packed with nutrient-dense whole foods, containing plenty of good quality plant-based foods, like vegetables, seeds and whole grains, will feed the mind and body with the vitamins and minerals it needs to manage the psychological stress that our modern, ever-changing lives bring.
One study found that nearly two thirds of the people who doreport daily mental health problems eat fresh vegetables and salad every day, compared with less than half of those who report daily mental health problems.
- 14 day meal plan – Eat your way to resilience! This meal plan includes vegetarian options, recipes and a shopping list.
- Recipes – the Ryman food gurus have shared some of their favourite recipes for you to try out at home!
- Article – A healthy diet can reduce stress
- NZ Nutrition Foundation – information about healthy eating, what nutrients your body needs and online recipe books
- Healthy eating, active living – Ministry of Health brochure
- Healthy Food Guide – online magazine with expert advice, recipes, shopping tips, videos and more!
- Guide to eating for a healthy heart – Heart Foundation
- Free weight management apps – mobile apps that encourage positive lifestyle changes such as healthy eating and increased physical activity