Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
We want to make sure our villages are safe havens for our residents.
Welcome to Level 2!
From May 14 the COVID-19 alert guidelines for all of us have changed, and we wanted to outline what this means for everyone in our villages.
As we expected there is not a huge difference between the levels, because people aged over 70 are still regarded as an at-risk group who need to be especially careful because the virus is still out there.
Our independent residents will be able to visit friends and family outside the village, and host visitors at home. There are still some restrictions on activities at the village.
We urge you to play it safe, keep your physical distance in public from people you do not know – ideally 2 metres - and regularly wash and dry your hands thoroughly.
And please remember, if you develop any symptoms of COVID-19 – including a cough, a high temperature, shortness of breath, sore throat, sneezing or runny nose or temporary loss of smell – you should call Healthline on 0800 358 5453 or contact your doctor immediately. If you are unwell at all, please stay home.
For serviced apartment residents, we require your visitors to check in at village reception and we will be offering them face masks to wear.
We will continue to take a conservative approach to the COVID-19 risk we face.
Care centre visitors
Our care centres are open again for visits. We know this has been a long time coming!
If you wish to visit someone in care, see the instructions below.
You will need to book, and there are some careful restrictions around visits in order to keep everyone safe. You will need to wear a face mask and observe social distancing rules.
The safety measures we will have in place are:
- Visiting hours are from 10.45am and 7pm daily, and will be by appointment
- To arrange a visit to a care centre resident you can call our resident support team on 0800 588 222 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org you can book online at https://www.rymanhealthcare.co.nz/visitor-bookings. The password is kindness – and the system will be up and running from 12pm on Wednesday May 13
- We would prefer one visitor at a time, but we are allowing a maximum of two visitors seeing a resident. Visits are for 30 minutes
- No children aged under 12 can visit
- Visitors must be well
- Visitors will meet the resident in their room
- Visitors will be given a temperature check, sign a declaration, and be provided with a face mask which must be worn during the entire visit
- Social distancing rules will apply, we recommend you maintain at least a 2-metre distance
If you have any questions please email the Resident Support team email@example.com or phone: 0800 588 222
Please read our latest updates for detailed information.