We wanted to update you following the new case of COVID-19 in the community in Northland.
As a precaution we are closing Jane Mander and Evelyn Page's care centre to visitors for the time being. Our team is deploying face masks and our normal activities programme for all residents will be suspended for the time being.
Visits for residents in palliative or end-of-life care will still be permitted, just get in touch with our team to arrange.
The COVID-19 positive person in the community visited a number of places in Northland, and we think taking these precautions is wise until we learn more.
Like you, we will be keeping a close watch on developments, and rest assured we will be in touch if anything changes.
In the meantime, we’d like to remind you of the steps you can take to help:
- Please wash hands regularly, this is the best defence against the spread of viruses.
- If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, please get a test as soon as you can.
- Please use the COVID-19 Tracer App and enable the Bluetooth function.
- Please do not visit any residents, including independent residents, if you have returned from overseas and been in quarantine for at least 14 days AFTER you are released from quarantine and have returned negative tests.
Thanks for your cooperation as ever. This is another reminder of how difficult it is to contain COVID and we all know what a threat it can be to the community.
We hope this is a short-lived change and we can soon return to normal.
We know you’ve probably seen this before, but a reminder that the symptoms to watch out for include:
- a cough
- a high temperature (at least 37.5˚C)
- shortness of breath
- a sore throat
- sneezing and runny nose
- temporary loss of smell
If you have any of these symptoms contact your GP or call Healthline on 0800 358 5453.
Please make sure you get tested for COVID-19 if your GP recommends it.
For more information go to: