Chief Operating Officer
How to keep in touch with us:
Your first point of contact is your village team, so if your query is urgent contact your village directly.
For less urgent inquiries please contact us on 0800 588 222 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find other wellbeing resources online at https://www.rymanhealthcare.co.nz/lifestyle-and-wellness/health-and-wellbeing/isolation-mental-wellbeing
For more general wellbeing advice go to www.rymanhealthcare.co.nz/wellness
If you need counselling, you are welcome to call our OCP service on 0800 377 990. Just let them know you are a Ryman resident and the village you are from.
Level 2 questions and answers:
Can I visit someone in the care centre?
Yes, you can. We are maintaining strict infection control and visiting restrictions at Level 2. These include:
- You will need to book your visit with the reception team, visiting hours are from 10.45am until 7pm
- To arrange a visit with a care centre resident you can call our resident support team on 0800 588 222 or email email@example.com or you can book online at https://www.rymanhealthcare.co.nz/visitor-bookings The password is kindness – and the system will be up and running from 12pm on Wednesday May 13.
- We would prefer one visitor at a time, but we are allowing a maximum of two visitors seeing a resident. Visits are for 30 minutes
- Visitors must be well with no flu or cold symptoms
- Visitors will be given a temperature check, sign a declaration, and be provided with a face mask, which must be worn during the entire visit
- Residents and their visitors will meet in a designated area
- Visitors and residents are not allowed to touch each other – social distancing rules will apply
- No children under 12 to visit at Level 2
Why are you being so cautious about care centre visits?
Our care residents are the most vulnerable to COVID-19 in the community. There is still a risk of COVID-19 infection in the community, and we remain in uncharted territory. We do not want to move too quickly and lose the gains we have made.
Can I have visitors?
You can visit outside the village and have visitors to your home. We have included a log at the back of this message so you can record your contacts in your home, in case we need to conduct contact tracing in the future.
Can we meet in groups?
Gatherings such as clubs and interest groups can meet in the village centre but are limited to 10 people or less. Members should observe social distancing rules.
Can a contracted care provider come into the village?
Yes. They must sign in at reception, have their temperature checked and sign a health declaration.
Will COVID-19 positive residents be able move in?
No. We have declined to take any residents affected by the disease.
Are communal facilities like the pool and the hair salon open?
Yes. They are opening from May 18.
Can we have social events?
Yes. Social events for 10 people or less are allowed, if there is consideration for appropriate social distancing. Your village team will explain how this will work at your village. We will be changing the furniture configuration to allow for social distancing and Happy Hour sessions may be staggered, depending on the size of your village centre.
Will construction and maintenance work continue in the village?
Construction work and maintenance is permitted to begin again. These works must be carried out with additional COVID-19 workplace safety protocols.
Can new residents move in?
Will the security team remain at the gate?
Yes. They will be monitoring visitors so we can contact trace if necessary for the next few weeks. We will review whether we need to continue with this measure in the coming week.
When will you review the rules?
We will review everything on a regular basis, and let you know about any changes.
Please record all visitors to your household, and people you are in contact with,
for contact tracing purposes. Click here to view the form.