Covid-19 update for Auckland residents and their families
We wanted to update you on the current COVID-19 restrictions in place at our Auckland villages following the Government’s announcement today.
The Government has decided to keep Auckland at alert Level 2.5 for at least another week because of continued cases linked to the existing clusters in the Auckland community.
This level will remain in place until at least September 23, and the decision will be reviewed again on September 21.
While the level hasn’t changed, we have decided to ease our visitor restrictions for care centre visits slightly, extending visits to a limited number of family members.
We know this will be welcome news for many families, and we thank everyone for their patience since restrictions first came into force on August 12.
There will be a lot of happy family reunions for sure!
The restrictions currently in place for serviced apartment and independent residents remain unchanged.
From 10 am tomorrow, September 15, the restrictions in place are:
For care centre visitors:
• We are open for visitors between the hours of 10am and 7pm, with visits restricted to two people at a time per resident and for no longer than 30 minutes.
• Children under 12 are asked not to visit for the moment – this is because it is hard to maintain physical distancing with smaller children.
• Visitors must check in at reception, fill in the usual health declaration and wear a mask at all times.
• If you are unwell at all, had exposure to anyone with COVID-19 or have any other risk factors, please postpone your visit.
• Check in with the Government’s COVID-19 Tracer app.
• Follow the appropriate hand hygiene and social distancing requirements at Alert Level 2, which are listed below.
For serviced apartment residents:
We ask that visitors to serviced apartment residents check in at reception, fill out the health declaration and wear a mask.
For town house and apartment residents:
Visitors are welcome and you can come and go as you please.
If you leave the village, we recommend that you practise social distancing and wear a face mask, they are now compulsory on public transport.
We have good supplies of masks, just ask at reception if you need one.
Our infection control team has put a video together about how to wear a mask – there’s more to it than you might think! Have a look at: https://app.vyond.com/videos/b0623c99-162d-45c2-8251-b2be0e5f3f42
We encourage residents to keep a log of visits and to use the Government’s COVID-19 Tracer app.
Let us know if we can help
We will update you this week if anything changes, and we thank you once again for your support and cooperation.
We will update you after the next Government announcement.
Stay safe and thanks once again.
We know you’ve probably seen this before, but a reminder that the symptoms to watch out for include:
• a cough
• a high temperature (at least 37.5˚C)
• shortness of breath
• a sore throat
• sneezing and runny nose
• temporary loss of smell
If you have any of these symptoms contact your GP or call Healthline on 0800 358 5453.
Please make sure you get tested for COVID-19 if your GP recommends it.
Alert Level 2
Alert Level 2 in Auckland is not life as normal. You can still go out, but you must:
• keep your distance from other people in public
• wash your hands
• sneeze and cough into your elbow
• keep a track of where you’ve been and who you’ve seen
• wear a face covering if you can, they are compulsory on public transport
• gatherings are restricted to 10 people or less
For more information go to: