Dear residents and family members,
The trans-Tasman travel bubble has now been open for two weeks and so far, so good!
There have been many happy reunions.
We thought it a good time to touch base about our current protocols.
If you have arrived in New Zealand from Australia to visit anyone in our villages, we ask that you:
• Complete a declaration at reception
• If you answered yes to any questions you will need to speak to the village manager or person in charge
• You will be provided with a mask to wear for your visit for the first 14 days
in the country
• Depending on how long you are staying in New Zealand, you could be offered a COVID saliva test between day three and five (at Ryman’s expense), but this is not compulsory. If you receive a negative result you will not have to wear a mask
• If you have come from a region/state in Australia where a community COVID risk has been identified, we will ask you to review the public exposure site list we provide
• If you haven’t visited any of the public exposure site places within the times stated, you will be free to continue your visit with a mask in place
• If you are unwell at all we ask that you postpone your visit
If quarantine-free travel is paused or suspended by our Government OR the city/state you have travelled from has reported a COVID outbreak or a lock down you may be asked to stay away from the village while we assess your risk.
If you are an independent resident and you have visitors from overseas who are staying with you and coming into the village centre at all, please ask them to scan the QR code and complete a declaration form at reception.
The opening of the bubble has been great news and we thank everyone for their superb cooperation.
If you have any questions, please talk to your village team.
We know you’ve probably seen this before, but a reminder that the symptoms to watch out for include:
• a cough
• a high temperature (at least 37.5˚C)
• shortness of breath
• a sore throat
• sneezing and runny nose
• temporary loss of smell and taste
• muscle aches
• diarrhoea and headaches
If you have any of these symptoms contact your GP or call Healthline on 0800 358 5453.
Please make sure you get tested for COVID-19 if your GP recommends it.
For more information go to:https://www.rymanhealthcare.co.nz/coronavirus-updates
Chief Operating Officer
For queries contact 0800 588 222 (New Zealand) or email email@example.com
How to keep in touch with us:
Your first point of contact is your village team, so if your query is urgent contact your village directly.
For less urgent inquiries please contact us on 0800 588 222 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
For residents who are online, you can find wellbeing advice at www.rymanhealthcare.co.nz/wellness
If you need counselling, you are welcome to call our OCP service on 0800 377 990. Just let them know you are a Ryman resident and the village you are from.