Covid-19 update for residents and their families who live outside of Auckland
The Government has decided to maintain COVID-19 Alert Level 2 in place throughout New Zealand until September 6.
At alert level 2 you can visit our care centres and activities at our villages can continue, as long as the guidelines for social distancing are met, gatherings are restricted to less than 100 people and you will be required to wear a mask on public transport from Monday August 31.
All residents are encouraged to wear masks in public, to practise social distancing, and to keep a record of where you go using the COVID-19 Tracer app or a log.
The following precautions are in place:
For care centre visitors:
- Please check in at reception, fill in the usual health declaration and take a mask for your visit.
- Check in with the Government’s COVID-19 Tracer app.
- If you have visited Auckland recently, we ask that you avoid visiting for 14 days from the date you returned.
- Follow the appropriate hand hygiene and social distancing requirements at Alert Level 2, which are listed below.
For serviced apartment residents:
We ask that visitors to serviced apartment residents check in at reception, fill out the health declaration and wear a mask.
For independent residents:
Activities – with appropriate social distancing – are restricted to less than 100 people.
If you have to leave the village, we recommend that you practise social distancing and wear a face mask.
From Monday August 31 it will be compulsory to wear a face mask on public transport.
We have good supplies of masks, just ask at reception if you need one.
We encourage residents to keep a log of visits and to use the Government’s COVID-19 Tracer app.
Let us know if we can help
Once again, thanks for your support and cooperation.
It still looks very likely that COVID is contained to Auckland, but we don’t want to take any chances.
Stay safe and thanks once again for your time and your cooperation.
We know you’ve probably seen this before, but a reminder that the symptoms to watch out for include:
- a cough
- a high temperature (at least 37.5˚C)
- shortness of breath
- a sore throat
- sneezing and runny nose
- temporary loss of smell
If you have any of these symptoms contact your GP or call Healthline on 0800 358 5453.
Please make sure you get tested for COVID-19 if your GP recommends it.
Alert Level 2
Alert Level 2 is not life as normal. You can still go out, but you must:
- keep your distance from other people in public
- wash your hands
- sneeze and cough into your elbow
- keep a track of where you’ve been and who you’ve seen
- wear a face covering if you can.
For more information go to: